PlayPearlPDX is a in-home environment offering part-time and drop-in childcare.
What PlayPearlPDX offers:
Drop in childcare provided conveniently in the Pearl District catered to your child’s needs. The caregiver has a Master’s Degree in Teaching and an Undergraduate Degree in Early Childhood Development and Education with over 8 years of classroom teaching experience.
PlayPearlPDX follows a RIE approach with infants and toddlers.
Using a RIE Approach, the caregiver will:
- Communicate Authentically
- Invite babies to actively participate in caregiving activities
- Encourage uninterrupted, self directed play
- Allow children to develop motor and cognitive skills naturally
- Value intrinsic motivation
- Encourage Children to express their emotions
- Realize that children need confident, empathetic leaders
- Allow children to problem solve
- Understand the power of modeling
Hours of operation are from 8am – 6pm Monday through Friday, with a four hour minimum booking. A maximum of one child at a time can be booked as the care provider also has a two year old son who will be present. One exception is for children in the same family, in which two can be scheduled. This ratio ensures the highest quality of care for your child. Rates are $15 an hour. Please contact the provider for discounted multiple child family rates.
Please visit the Contact Information section to schedule a care booking or to ask additional questions. Information regarding the Child Care Provider can be found in the About the Educator and Caregiver section.
For more information regarding the PlayPearlPDX home and children’s environment space, please see Children’s Environments. Philosophy of care can be found in the What is RIE and an Educaring approach? section of the website.
“The wider the range of possibilities we offer a child, the more intense will be their motivations and the richer their experiences.” -Loris Malaguzzi (Reggio Emilia Founder)